The World is shaken by Coronavirus which has turned into a worldwide Pandemic. But as they say Every adversity comes with some opportunities, same applies to corona also.
Corona has made us feel that what is the importance of nature and unity. The whole world is fighting with an invisible demon called CORONAVIRUS.
Let’s look at the efforts taken by India to fight Corona :-
- Government of India first issued an order on 25th March that the country will go into complete lockdown for 21 days till 14th April to avoid community transmission.
- To meet the basic needs, government announced a package of Rs 1.7 lakh crore, specially for daily wage workers and labourers in unorganised sector.
- An innovative step is taken to cater deficit of hospitals by turning the coaches of railways into temporary isolation wards. Around 20,000 coaches are under this initiative which can provide up to 3.2 lakh isolation beds.
Apart from government’s efforts people in their own capacity are donating for the country in crisis time.
Many eminent personalities have come forward to bail out the country from this global crisis.
RATAN TATA has donated 1500 crore and Azim Premji donated 1125 crore, Paytm has also contributed 500 crore to PM CARE fund.
Many other industrialists have also contributed graciously and helping in providing medical equipments including Personal Protective Equipments (PPEs) and ventilators.
- Akshay Kumar has contributed a handsome amount of 25 crore to PM CARES fund.
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan also donated to PM CARES and Maharashtra, West Bengal and Delhi CM relief fund.
- SRK’s company Red Chillies, his other NGO Meer Foundation and alongwith other NGO’s like Earth and Roti foundation are providing 50,000 PPE’s kits and other medical equipments. They are also providing meals for around 5500 families, 2500 cooked meal for hospital staffs, meals for 10,000 people per day for at least 30 days and many more steps.
- Rohit Shetty, Ajay Devgan and Salman Khan has provided food and money for daily wage workers of film industry.
Sportspersons have also contributed generously.
- Rohit Sharma has donated 80 lakh and Suresh Raina has also contributed 52 lakhs to fight this horrific pandemic.
- Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma have also donated, however they haven’t mentioned the amount they donated.
- BCCI Boss Sourav Ganguly along with a food processing company has donated rice amounting rupees 50 lakhs.
- BCCI has donated 51 crore and also offered the Eden Gardens stadium to be used as quarantine ward.
- Sachin Tendulkar has donated 50 lakh while Hockey India has also made a contribution of 1 crore to PM care.
Many NGO’s and Common People are also actively participating in providing foods and medical facilities to the needy.
This crisis provided us with a huge opportunity to use these funds to better our health
infrastructure, so that we can fight effectively in emergency situations.
This dire time has invoked the spirit of India alive, which is very heartening to see. People, in general are becoming more compassionate.
Apart from few anti-social miscreants , who are troubling the frontline warriors i.e; the doctors and
medical professionals, police and essential service providers, people are reacting very well to the
If we are able to hold on for some more days peacefully within our homes, we will certainly come
We appreciate the services of doctors, police, essential service providers and all those who are
making our lives easy in these hard times.